Can anyone recognize this lifting Magnet

This magnet is cool, and fun, but I do not know how much it can lift.

It weighs about 130 lbs, so I figure, it would be rated at 2,500 lbs, but that's only a guess and knowing who made it would make a difference.

The lifting eye on it is Crosby-Laughlin.

Reply to
Ignoramus8331

That is an ACME Liftall 9000 magnet. I saw it featured in episode 9 of the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote show. Steve

Reply to
Up North

I've been all through "The ORIGINAL Illustrated Catalog Of ACME Products",

, and didn't see such a magnet anywhere in it. Must have been episode 9 of some other series, maybe Superman, and not an ACME product at all.

-jiw

James Waldby

Hmmmmmmm, Well if it wasn't it should have been!

Reply to
Up North

I don't think so, but perhaps mechanical sizes might give a rating.

There is a label on the side of yours - what is it ? a bar code ??

Martin

Mart>

Martin H. Eastburn

Fermilab inventory sticker.

Yes, I think that mine matches their 10" version. Both by size and weight.

Ignoramus8331

'Twas misplaced:

DoTell