Can anyone steer me?

What has worked for me with dogs is threatening to kill the dog and beat the owner into the ground. For some reason being nice and reasonable has never worked with some people. I now live in the country and the universal solution to things like this is death by lead poisoning. Anti freeze soaked hamburger works too. Rosco

Reply to
Butter

Frosty < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in article ...

And, maybe the dog will bring it near a fence or onto another property where an innocent child - your child or grandchild, perhaps - can pick it up and taste the delightfully sweet concoction.

Reply to
*

Well...actually the dog will simply snarf it down in a flash and not carry it around.

Once its been swallowed..if an innocent child gets ahold of it..you havent told them not to play with dog shit.

Gunner, who would open a serious 6 pack of whoopass on anyone using antifreeze to kill a dog. However Id loan them a box of .22lr cartridges to do it humanely.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I notice no one has suggested calling the dude on the phone when the dog starts barking . When the dogs stops barking , you can stop calling . Or you could go pound on his door when he unplugs the phone ... point being that he needs to be bothered as much as you're being bothered . Of course that might not work if he's not home , as you indicated somewhere in this thread . But if you could find out where he's staying , or if he has a cellphone ...

Reply to
Snag

You may find most of these items on E-Bay. The expensive item is the Crown amp. You need an amplifier that will put out enormous power at

30-40Khz. That particular amp can do 5000 watts into 4 ohms, bridged, and work all year round at 40 Khz without letting out smoke. Most modern amps capable of that power are switcher designs and do not do well beyond 22Khz, but the Microtech can, and will. It is so good they don't make it anymore(it never failed), but since a lot of sound touring companies need to always have the newest equipment, it is becoming available as a used item on E-Bay.
Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Shoot, shovel, and shutup. Antifreeze is for cowards and if you use that method then the first should apply to you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Lead poisoning to the soaker of hamburger. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Actually, a chicken breast stuffed with raisins is much, much better.

Reply to
Rex

Thanks Don, for posting the very interesting whistle info. Ultrasonics in air may be considered to be harmless, but in fluids I would guess that they can be very harmful. I knew a Navy diver that was pinged with ship's sonar, which he claimed wasn't all that uncommon. Different "subjects" have experienced numerous problems after being exposed.

I remember reading an article that was examining the effects of ultrasonics sound (in air), and included several observations concerning insects and humans. The article claimed that ultrasonic sound could cause elevated/extreme agitation in women during their monthly cycle. The article also described effects on insects and rodents, in the area of pest repellers, and that ultrasonic sound could cause cavities/gaps in the brain fluids of insects.

Ultrasonic transducers are/have been used for medical purposes for treatment of tissues around and within joints, as physical therapy. I've had one of these devices used on my hands and wrists, numerous times. The therapist explained that she felt that the doctor had recommended an excessive power level, so she performed the treatment at a lower power level, which in her opinion was safer and less prone to cause any damage. My hands and wrists did improve, so I'm glad I didn't get to find out if the higher levels could've been harmful.

The recent examples of decomposing aluminum foil in ultrasonic cleaners would lead me to believe that ultrasonics in fluids would definitely be harmful to human body parts and systems.

WB metalworking projects

Wild Bill

[...]

For given acoustic power density, peak pressure in a liquid is much, much higher than in air because the modulus of elasticity is much higher.

Reply to
Don Foreman