Can you replace Dremel bearings

I'm posting this here, because I figure a lot of you guys have dremels and are used to fixing things. So, can the Dremel motor bearings be
replaced? Mine goes crazy above 1/2 speed. And where can I get the bearings?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I doubt you will be able to replace the bearings on your Dremel for less than the cost of a new tool when you factor in your valuable time and fuel. However, I am also one who will spend US$300 in time and money to accomplish almost as much good as tossing the old tool and buying a new one for US$50. Just Because.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dremel-Moto-Tool-Model-395-variable-speed-w-accessories_W0QQitemZ300193316105QQihZ020QQcategoryZ29528QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
When in doubt, ask the Horse, because the problem may not be bearings: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/customer-service/faq /
http://www.dremel.com/en-us/customer-service/manuals-and-literature /
Bring the bearings to your local bearing supplier to get them matched. Be sure to mention that you will run them at 40,000 RPM. :)
I guess Dremel sells the armature and bearings as an assembly because pressing them in place is done easier at the factory. 26 bucks for the assembly or thirty for a new tool and accessories on eBay. Hmmmm.
--Winston
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It may be that the bearings are loose in the housing. new housings are cheaper than the rotor assembly, and you can even try shimming them - with paper etc. /mark
Mark F wrote:

The front bearing on mine is shimmed with a strip cut from an aluminum pie pan . It was too loose to get a decent finish when I used it as a (light duty) toolpost grinder . Does fine now . -- Snag
I shimmed them with some Scotch tape. No vibration at high speed now. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think that was the most positive and uplifting post of the day...
Glad it worked, too.
Good question. Last time I tried getting bearings, the local supply house couldn't match them up- the sizes skip in the bearing catalog. Theyu must be made-to-order. Dremel won't sell just the bearings- I had a rather lengthy correspondence with some high mucky-muck at Dremel about that. They were nice enough to send me a coupon for my next purchase.
-Carl