Casting a Fire Ant Colony

I was impressed, but I bet the ants sure weren't.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Creepy - can't help but feel a little bad for the ants - but cool. I had no idea that their structures were that complicated, even after watching them in ant farms.

Reply to
rangerssuck

The best (only) thing I've ever seen done with a fire ant colony.

That made some fine art, too. Me like.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've seen another video of that being done and they showed casts of various ant species nests, the nest structure varies quite a bit between different ant species.

Reply to
David Billington

Dead ant. Dead ant. DeadantDeadantDeadant! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's very pink of you, Mikey.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I wonder if it smells really bad during the pour. I seem to remember ants under a magnifying glass smelt bad when burnt using the sun.

Were we all little bastards as kids or was it just me?

Reply to
Kennedy

I think that is neat! Been bit so many times it isn't funny.

Pesky bites are painful and leaves a scar often.

after the really good stuff was banned - slightly released finally - only bad gas - gas with water in it would kill the hive. Vapor fast and gas them. I knew farmers do that in their fields.

Then, when I was a kid, I'd buy a can of cyanide from the pharmacy and put a few grains down the hole and cap it off with a rock.

Now you can't buy the stuff. Just like DDT.

Mart> >> I was impressed, but I bet the ants sure weren't.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I would think that gasoline or diesel fuel should do it, without even igniting?

Ignoramus10711

I wonder if isopropyl alcohol would do the trick. Might be less of a hazard, when it comes to contaminating ground water.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Probably, but contaminates the ground.

Propane?

Rodenator in miniature?

..

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

You know that he died with his lungs full of pink fiberglass, don't you? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No WONDER that damned cat never spoke. He was full of glass!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

OTOH, his guts never got cold. ;-)

Reply to