Hardinge hlv-h power feed motor brushes

I have a Bodine power feed motor that needs brushes. Both Bodine and Hardinge told me that they are not available through them. Does anyone have a source?

George

Reply to
George

Some Ace hardware stores have brushes. They have these metal boxes full of springs, strange nuts and couplings, and all sorts of stuff, and one of the boxes has motor brushes. Get the closest one you can find that is a bit bigger, and sand it to an exact fit. You can re-use the spring and terminal cap off the old brush.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson