Cat Pee Proof

Reply to
David Billington

Ours can't wait until it comes out. I don't think she likes the noise, but will tolerate it, so that she can chase the self retracting cord when we are done with it. [It is not just people that are easily amused] jk

Reply to
jk

We are talking two separate life forms here. While the neighbors kids may well be aliens from Arcturis 4....cats are from their own section of the universal ether.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:32:18 -0500, Robert Galloway calmly ranted:

Touch one to your tongue and tell me you are OK with that kind of current going through your own pecker, Bob. I dare ya. ;)

---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it.

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:46:20 -0700, Larry Jaques vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

But the point is that unless the ground is wet, the parallel is not there, (but the series is?)....sorry..the cat's feet and the mesh etc are quite high resistance. For a true example take the 9V battery and a piece of wire. Place one end of the wire on the sole of your foot, stand on it, and then complete the wire -> battery - -> battery + ->

tongue circuit. Mild acid taste, maybe a very faint tingle (careful, the cat might be back for _more_ of that one ), unless you really wet the foot-wire connection......and even then, probably.

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

On 16 Sep 2004 15:26:26 -0700, jim rozen vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

My thoughts exactly. Fumes, acid, chips, oil, dust etc etc, depending on the work being done.

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

A high speed belt grinder works well. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:46:18 GMT, Gunner calmly ranted:

Is that why dogs come when you call and cats have answering machines?

--- Is it time for your medication or mine?

Custom Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Our Bichon gets excited when the dust mop comes out - puppy-on-a-stick Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Beizer

At my lock shop we had a small vacuum and the then kitten now cat would go gonzo each time some one switched on the swarf sucker.

To cure this, I picked him up held him against the machine and switched it on. After several sessions, he no longer feared the vacuum.

This cat also would sleep with the dog and also shakes hands and gives high fives for a crunchy Pounce.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Reply to
ph17314

Clue: a Bichon Frise IS a dust mop. With or without a stick. ;-)

To Dogs, people are "Gods". To Cats, People are "Staff".

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Well, considering urine likes to break up into droplets, this is quite true.

Come on guys, five replies and none of the posters saw Mythbusters' third rail experiment?!

Tim

Tim Williams

They didn't try it with a cat.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

||I doubt very much one nine volt battery will do squat. The resistance ||in the path from the metal, up the urine stream and to the cat is low. ||The resistance between the cat's feet and whatever he's standing on is ||high. I think you'll need a little more than nine volts to get his ||attention. But, rather than speculate, get a piece of mesh, a few feet ||of copper wire and a nine volt battery and set this up in your own ||toilet. Let's be scientific about this. || ||bob g.

Great idea Bob! We'll record the 10:00 news for posterity. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Excuse me? He said stop the cat, not kill it - Huge difference.

Since ethylene glycol is very poisonous, and poisoning is a slow, horrible way for any animal to die - I lost an indoor/outdoor cat just that way, one of my neighbors was irresponsible with some sort of poisonous substance - that is NOT funny any way you look at it.

A silly won't cover it - That was over the line.

And if Karl or his SWMBO (who share custody of the cat in question) ever gets close, you can expect to get smacked good for that one - and it would be well justified.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Barbed wire.

No, not a fence. Wad up enough of it to cover the material >

Reply to
nic

Not with a "daddy" haircut. This very short, hairy, four legged, 13 pound girl tyrant almost looks like a dog at times; except when she is eating her raw vegetables (carrots, broccoli stem, cauliflower stem, cabbage heart, green beans, or even the handle end of a corn cob) Give her a bone and she says "what's that?" Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Bruce sez:

Yeah, Bruce, I'd like to take a crack at him myself. Silly , my ass! When someone types such garbage on RCM it shows them for what they are. I'll leave the conclusion to the reader.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Gerald Miller wrote: ... even the handle end of a corn cob ...

Careful with the corn cobs - they are indigestible. A chunk chewed off will not pass through the stomach. It will be thrown up or, worst case, block the exit of the stomach. But since she's 13 lb and you refer to the "handle end", she probably couldn't get a big chunk off. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt