Choosing metal for scale models

The above SHOULD read "PREVIOUSLY soldered parts".

D.M. ====

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

I agree. I was making a windmill tower out of two different sizes of brazing rod. Big rods for the 4 corners and small rods for the braces inbetween. Heating the whole thing at once with a micro-flame torch was not possible.

I guess the moral of the story is to be aware of these possbile problem.

chuck

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

ROFL! I get your point.

Still, if the job can be done with a MAP torch as it should on items sized like model trains, why spend the additional money?

On the other hand, I'm doing some body restoration on my 1990 Ford Bronco, and for welding in new wheel arches, a TIG or MIG outfit could come in pretty handy.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314