Cintimill 250 shear key?

My last post was in error. For the Cintimill 250 model DH by Cincinnati Lathe & Mill Tool Co. A common horizontal mill. We are needing the material type (brass, aluminum, zamak, etc) for the knee drive shear pin. We need to make a replacement, but the old one was lost. Steel will not do for obvious reasons. Access to an existing one in a machine is very difficult. Thankyou in advance, RichD, Atlanta

Reply to
Anonymous

What are the dimensions? If its .250 or less, Id get one of the soft iron shear pins at the local hardware store. They are often tapered. They will shear with moderate torque. Or stick in a brass one, and if it shears, go with the iron one.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner