?>why cant i bend 1 3/4 od 1/16 wall

muffler tube with my jd2 model3 bender it just crushes and kinks

Reply to
nathan

Nathan,

My list of die sets says you are right at the minimum wall thickness for that size tube....might be the problem. Also, make sure you have the followbar pin in the correct hole, if it isn't bad things happen....The hole number is stamped on the top of the followbar.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

If it's possible, you might try filling the tubing with sand before bending it. I've had good luck with sand on smaller tubing than you're working with that tended to crush.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

Reply to