yes you can bend tube with a pipe bender i found a way

ok so lets say you wanna bend 2 inch "OD" tube .120 wall well heres how to do it on the stupid crap "HF bender" i got the 2 inch pipe die is 2-3/8 "OD" so here we go all i had to do was take a piece of 2 inch pipe = 2-3/8 "OD" stainless is best ok so then you use a chop saw and take a 6 inch piece of pipe thats what i used anyway start cutting it into 1/4 piece so you have 24 pieces of pipe 1/4 inch wide now all you do is place the rings on your tube to bend about 1/4 or maybe 1/8 apart so they sit in the die at the bend point and you now can make bends as good as any bender on the market a little more work but um in canada your american tube benders cost you 279$ and cost us 3000$ for a JD2 so at that price you make things work right here any questions email me " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" my name is nathan

Reply to
nathan

Most times I just use a bending die that fits 1" pipe that only cost me $6.99 + tax. Then I take the 1" 100 wall and clamp it to the bech or the bending die then heat it with a oxy/propane torch. Once it gets red enough I then just bend it around the die to where I want it and then that is that. I then have a 1" x 100 wall round steel with a perfect bend and no collapse at all. THOMAS' Wrought Iron Works in Saskatoon.

Reply to
Thomas

Thomas,

For what type metal and sizes does this work, please ?

In particular, any size limit on stainless tubing ?

Might oxy-acetylene be preferred with tubing >1" or a longer radius ?

Thank you,

Courtney

Thomas wrote:

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

I have designed motorcycle (chopper) frames with anywhere from 1" .100 wall to 2-3/8" .188 wall and never got a kink or collapsed bend yet, and I have been doing this since the mid 70's. I have even done it with 2" x 3" .125 and had no problems. On stainless the largest I have done was 1" round. And I still use oxy/propane. I guess once I get my web page up and running I shall have to install some pics of the bike frames also. THOMAS' Wrought Iron Works, home of the man who even Varsteel (Canada) wants to do work for them with major contracts in both Canada and U.S.A.. THOMAS' Wrought Iron Works - snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net or (306)-653-7796. My shop is not just a welding shop for residential use but also a blacksmith shop. I also have contracts with agencies such as Hallmark Realty for Residential and Commercial Security Bar and Gate Systems. My web page shall be up and running in approx. 1 - 2 weeks. I have been getting lots of emails from all over North America and a few from over seas, thanks and I shall be ready real soon and I shall have it publicized on here for you all.

Reply to
Thomas