Cleaning Carbon Deposits from a Burner Coil

I just picked up a Steam Jenny and want to clean the burner coil as it is black with soot. I removed it from the machine and am looking for some ways to clean off the carbon so I can get a higher output temperatures. The output temperature is not where it needs to be and I am replacing some parts. I thought this would also help.

Thanks in advance Steve

Reply to
gtslabs

dcaster

you might want to try an acid wash that the HVAC guys use to clean refrigeration coils, or you can try throwing a soot stick in the combustion chamber like the oil burner guys use. Its is consumed while the burner is operating and emits some kind of chemical that burns off the soot.

Tony

Reply to
Tony