Clutch Question

Hi, I need to know how I can adapt a Centrifugal Clutch from a 40cc Poulan Chainsaw to a 5.5HP Honda engine with a 3/4" Horizontal Shaft.......and whether or not it will work.

Reply soon......my son figured out I was building a go-cart for him, now he's bugging the S**t out of me to get it done.

TIA Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert and Eileen Plank

I doubt that an 8-10,000 rpm chain saw clutch could be easily adapted to a

3,600 rpm Honda engine. You'd be better off looking at ready-made clutches. IIRC, Northern Hydraulics (now Northern Tools?) used to sell go-kart components and listed centrifugal clutches in their catalog.

-- Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love America

Reply to
Bob Chilcoat

It won't work very well, in my opinion. The engagement rpm for the chain saw is probably much higher than what you want on a go-kart, and the Poulan clutch is not designed to transmit anywhere near as much torque as the Honda makes... the applications are just too different. You can buy inexpensive ($20) go-kart clutches that will bolt right on to the Honda motor and work well right out of the box. Try

David

David Courtney

E-bay has the clutch you need cheap...

Reply to