Right angle cordless drill with a clutch?

I need a right angle cordless drill that has a clutch. I heard that Mikita might have had a 1/2 inch version, but don't see it on
their website. I need one to drive my inline skating push stick.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
It also kind of has to be 18 V, since I have the power supply. I have a right angle gear that can be stuck on an ordinary cordless drill with a clutch, but it is geared 3 to 1 and that will lower the speed too much. I might try Milwaukee 49-22-8510 Right Angle Drill Attachment, but will need to know if the speed is reduced.
Too bad right angle cordless drills don't come with clutches. Milwaukee has one, but it's electrical and causes the drill to stop. That won't work here.
Thanks.
What is the purpose of your push stick. My son speed skates, both Ice and inline... Your push stick seems like the lazy mans approach to skating...
On 2/29/2012 2:49 PM, John Doe wrote:

What's the purpose of peddling a boat?
What's the purpose of walking? Some people speed walk...
What's the purpose of flapping your arms?
What's the purpose of flapping your lips?
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Well, you must be one of those lazy ass people we pay taxes for. Always looking for a way to get it done without spending any energy... 8>)
On 2/29/2012 6:11 PM, John Doe wrote:

Skating on a nice smooth flat surface is easy compared to rough terrain skating. The first time I ice skated, it was easy as pie. The first time I inline street skated, I was stunned at how relatively difficult it is. There is no comparison.
Besides, you can't speedskate on rough terrain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKC5UjQXhFE&feature=colike

tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

<aOidnf2bSfZUDtPSnZ2dnUVZ_r-dnZ2d ptd.net> <4f4eb0ba$0$3010$c3e8da3$e408f015 news.astraweb.com>

Really, my son does. The worlds are held outdoors on rough terrain. Only in the USA does speed skating occur indoors.
He skates both indoor inline, and outdoor. They knock off a 50k outdoors in about 35-45 minutes. Depending on the heat.
Now get off your lazy ass and skate.
On 2/29/2012 6:37 PM, John Doe wrote:

<aOidnf2bSfZUDtPSnZ2dnUVZ_r-dnZ2d ptd.net> <4f4eb0ba$0$3010$c3e8da3$e408f015 news.astraweb.com>

Really, my son does. The worlds are held outdoors on rough terrain. Only in the USA does speed skating occur indoors.
He skates both indoor inline, and outdoor. They knock off a 50k outdoors in about 1 hour. Depending on the heat.

John Doe wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zvxG6dgak

--
Steve W.

John Doe posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

To sell it!

To get away from you.

We want to wave you off before you get too close.

In your case it is to distribute the halitoses.

--
Tekkie

John Doe wrote:

If you could do 12 V this would be cool, no?
http://www.makita.com/en-us/modules/tools/tooldetails.aspx?id 9
--Winston
Winston <Winston Bigbrother.net> wrote:

Anything is worth a look. The first question is whether it has an all or nothing speed control. A typical cordless drill is almost perfect. The components are lightweight, the battery charge is made to last, they are variable speed, and all but right-angle versions have a mechanical slipping clutch. So I just remove the chuck and cut off the handle. At that point, my problem is neatly and efficiently attaching the drill to a wheel and building a support for both the drill and the wheel, as light as possible. Using a right angle cordless drill is easy enough, but they do not have a clutch.
The clutch of a typical cordless drill sits in between the motor and the output shaft, so it gets in the way of attaching that to a fork.
Also possible are those really stubby impact drivers, but they don't have a clutch either, and the impact part is wasted.
Another option is to stick a roll bar immediately behind the wheel, so that if the push stick tries to get out from under me, the rollbar contacts the ground. But I think the mechanical slipping clutch already right there on a cordless drill would be better.
--

> --Winston

I had to take apart my Makita for some type of repair a few years ago. Being the curious type I took it apart more than I needed to. The clutch mechanism was simple and compact. It would have been pretty easy to hack the drill apart and use the clutch assembly in something else. You may want to consider that. Or you may want to just use a right angle adapter made for drills. See: (Amazon.com product link shortened) for several choices. I know they add maybe 8 ounces of weight and bulk but are an easy add on. One is even adjustable so you are not stuck with 90 degrees. I'm not sure, since I don't skate any more (vertigo) and will never use a push stick, why you would want a clutch when a roll bar would be robust, simple, and cheap. That said, I like the idea of a clutch, it seems cool. So maybe you could pick up a drill at a thrift store or Harbor Freight And get the clutch out. Can you machine an aluminum housing for the clutch assembly? I don't know what your capabilities are, machine tool wise and so on, but I think the Makita clutch would fit into the drive wheel itself. That way it might be easily adjustable and look cool too. Eric

The perfect tool for giving the EX her half of the house.
"Do you want the top or bottom half, hon?"
-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin