Right Angle Drill

I've decided it would be very convenient to have a right angle drill and a right angle screwdriver for working between between the joists on the benchwork. Of course the drills I've seen are very expensive, around $200 US, and the screwdrivers are at least $100. I think some of the drills I've seen can also serve as drivers but they didn't have a clutch in them.

Does anyone use right angle drills/drivers? Can anyone recommend a good model or maybe a more inexpensive version?

Reply to
Iarwain

I have a Black and Decker right-angle adapter that fits a 1/4'" or 3/8" drill.(I can't remamber which.) The model # is 70-200. You simply remove the chuck from your drill, screw the adapter on in place of the chuck, and screw the chuck onto the adapter.I've had mine for several years, and don't recall how much it cost, but I would imagine that it was less than $15. I hope this helps, Gregg rec.models.railroad

Reply to
Galbo46

I've got a Sears Craftsman version of the same kind of right angle drive that Gregg / Galbo46 describes. Had it about 20 years. Cost about $

20 when I bought it.

No clutch, but its permanently mounted on a 3/8 reversible drill motor. Never had any trouble using it as a screw driver or as a drill.

You might want to ask this question over on rec.woodworking as well.

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Jim McLaughlin

Check out this item from Leevalley:

It is a right angle attachment for a regular drill, it sounds like it may be what you are looking for??

Reply to
Jason

Thanks, guys! That looks like a much less expensive alternative. Looks like the profile might be a bit larger than the regular right angle drill but given the price difference, I don't think I can pass it up!

Reply to
Iarwain

The new Micro-Mark catalog is showing one of these they're selling now, too.

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Hapilly Modeling 1969.)

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy