Anybody have a Milwaukee Right Angle Drill Attachment?

Specifically, the 49-22-8510

Is that a one to one input to output gearing? In other words... Is the input the same as the output? Or is it gear reduction?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Sorry...

John Doe

personally, i would assume 1:1 since the description lacks any mention of otherwise. Googling does not produce any different description than what amazon has.

Reply to
Steve Barker

ya got an hour left to get one

ChairMan

never mind, its cheaper on amazon

Reply to
ChairMan

I have had one for a long time and used it maybe 3 or 4 times...but in those situations, I needed it, and it saved the day. Yup, 1 : 1 ratio, very tough. Get one, shop for best price.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:16:57 -0700, John Doe wrote (in article ):

I've had one for about 5 years. It was the best I could find at the time as others were either too big or made with plastic bodies.

It is 1:1, The handle can rotate 360 degrees and lock down at discrete angles from 0-90. The head is a standard quick release. A very well made tool!

-BR

Reply to
Bruce

Thanks to the replies. I ordered one, for my project.

An ordinary cordless drill should be perfect for an inline skating push stick (assuming the clutch works as expected). I knew that several years ago ago, but just now getting around to trying a drill that includes a clutch. A right angle drill makes the device easy to build, but doesn't include a clutch. The standard cordless drill is meant for the application. It just needs a 1:1 right angle attachment. The drill needs to be in line with the stick so that the structure is sturdy. Then again... I guess the increased structure weight required for attaching the drill directly to the wheel sprocket/shaft might be less than the right angle attachment weight. Hmm.

Reply to
John Doe

In the intended application of using a 90 degree drive as a pusher located at the end of a pole, how is the tire not going to want to rotate the pole around it's axis, making it useless as a source of traction power?

I can grasp the wheel located between forks being (somewhat) effective, as in a yoke setup, with power being transferred/opposed equally on both sides of the wheel, but not offset at a right-angle to the pole.

Seems to be like trying to deliver pusher traction from an unrestrained caster wheel.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

The link isn't working right now. I use to have a Milwaukee right angle drill. I'm pretty sure that without the angle attachment it went at a higher RPM, Maybe 600 vs 400 I am not a big fan of that drill. If you tighten and loosen the angle coupling to often, it gets to a point where it no longer stays tight. Then if the drill jams, the coupling spins, and easily rips the drill out of your hands. If you happen to be drilling overhead, the damn thing can clock you right in the head... Hard

Reply to
RBM

LOL, sorry, I thought this was a full sized 1/2" right angle drill. You'd be hard pressed to get clocked by this.

Reply to
RBM

Like the inline skating push sticks shown on my picture page.

Probably has something to do with the backwards and downwards force pushing the wheel into the ground. Mine does not use static weight for traction like the others, it uses leverage.

My concern was stress on the right angle output gear bearing, but that too is probably misguided. That's why the wheel is close as possible to the right angle gear, but... It works fine. The second version has the wheel much closer (percentage wise) to the right angle gear output bearing, but even the first version worked. In actual use, after tens of miles, the lack of a conventional fork is no problem.

Reply to
John Doe

That depends on which way around you mount it. It offers a step-up in one orientation, and a step-down in the other.

Sprinkle valve grinding compound inside the coupling and then tighten it well *once* to embed the grit in the coupling, then clean off any lose grit left. Make sure to loosen it fully before sliding it on or off, or you will grind away the mating surfaces faster.

:-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Oh -- this is the little one which used to come with the AEG electric screwdriver -- and the lever handle shown was just a push-on tab for that one.

And this one shows the tab, and part of the screwdriver:

Milwaukee apparently bought the AEG screwdriver line. I wonder whether they still have batteries to fit?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols