What is it? Set 430

Just posted this week's set:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2495

very similar

Rose
2493 is a Granade Launcher Sight for a US M1 Rifle.

Walter

Am 01.03.2012 10:00, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft

2496. Smith Motor Wheel for a bicycle.http://www.american-automobiles.com/Articles/Smith-Briggs-Stratton-Motor-Wheel.htmlKarl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

2496. Smith Motor Wheel for bicycles.
Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

2491. Blacksmith hole punch

2492. Appears to be missing the pivoting end at the end of the clamp screw.

2495. One of many from a dry goods store, a product storage box.
Reply to
Leon
2491: Slot hole punch for leather goods? 2492: Press, bearing? 2493: ?? I see the level in it. so it holds something in a plane. It also appears to pivot on the lug. 2494: Part of a clevis hook? 2495: file / magazine holder. 2496: A gas powered rubber tire? Moves someth> Just posted this week's set:
Reply to
Kenefick

#2941 - (Clearly?) A (custom) marking guage?

Reply to
Bill
2491 no clue 2492 wood worker's hold down clamp? 2493 trigger mechanism for a leg hold trap 2494 Mason's device, this is cemented into a wall, to provide for hanging a flag 2495 Nicely made box, but no ide as to the use 2496 took some looking. I think it's a gasoline powered carbide saw.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2495-- a string dispenser
Reply to
Mouse

I've seen this kind of thing uses as a magazine rack. Found in libraries.

.

2495-- a string dispenser
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks! I'll forward this to the owner of it.

Reply to
Rob H.

That's a good link, thanks. I was looking for a video of one in use but had no luck, there was a video of one running but it wasn't attached to a bike.

Reply to
Rob H.

You're correct that it's a wood worker's clamp but it was used for a specific purpose.

Reply to
Rob H.
2491 a punch and die to punch square holes in sheet metal.

This looks like it is part of an old machine that does that. Usually wheel driven, not hydraulic...

Reply to
tiredofspam

Holding down Pinocchio, while his nostrils were drilled?

I'm just astounded to get one right.

.

You're correct that it's a wood worker's clamp but it was used for a specific purpose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2491) Looks like a blacksmith's tool for making rectangular holes in ferrous metals of some thickness beyond normal sheet steel.

There needs to be a matching hole in the anvil, or in a die in the anvil.

2492) Sticks through a hole in a work surface and hooks there. The screw applies clamping force to hold a workpiece to the surface. It appears to be missing the swiveling pad which is normally on these and on C-clamp screws.

2493) Kind or hard to see -- too dark and not enough processing in the digital world to lighten the gamma.

But -- at a guess, it is some form of door closer designed to pull the door closed, but avoid slamming.

2494) Looks like something designed to be welded to a large steel object to provide guidance for cables or ropes. At a guess, for maritime use.

2495) Perhaps a display stand for seed packets?

2496) Looks like part of a motorization kit for a bicycle, but on a stand for tuning and/or repair.

Now to post this and see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

#2491 For making a maker's mark (just tap it with a mallet)?

Reply to
Bill

Look down at Ed's post. This is a copy of what I posted there: Did a search. Here's why: "Similarly to Shaw, A.O. Smith also motorized bicycles with a device call the Smith Motor Wheel. To increase sales of its bicycle engine the Smith company developed and sold a small buckboard car call the Smith Flyer which was propelled by the motor wheel. Later still, in May 1919, A.O. Smith sold the Motor Wheel rights to the Briggs & Stratton Corporation of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Briggs & Stratton sold the buckboard car as the Briggs & Stratton Flyer. From:

paragraph. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I should have mentioned that it's missing a chain and a part that fits on the other end of the chain.

Reply to
Rob H.