What is it? Set 438

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2539 Piano Keys 2540 Jar Opener 2541 Fishing Rod Holder 2542 Spring Wire 2543 Fireman's Axe 2544

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Rob

2539 Heavy duty drum sticks - maybe for a 44 gallon drum

2543 True Temper Fire Axe Kelly Standard Works - Hunt Pattern 36" one 4 sale here

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Quinn
2544 Guess... Saw set?

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

2542 - Broom bristles from a street sweeper truck

2544 - Adjustable idler arm

Reply to
joeljcarver

My guess too , and I think it's for use with a back saw .

2539 looks like a pair of gouge chisels for hollowing out wooden stuff . Maybe bowls or spoons ?
Reply to
Snag

If this hasn't already been given, the items in #2541 are Fishing rod holders, to be used when fishing--especially off the side of a boat, or equivalent.

One or a couple of these, a portable chair, and a can holder, and you might even forget you're supposed to be fishing. :)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

#2540 To prevent a small pan (of about the same diameter) from falling through the pot-hole on an old stove?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

2542: Those look just like the brush wires that break off on a street sweeper. We used them for throwing knives when I was a kid.
Reply to
Ed Huntress

2539: Clobberers 2540: Handle 2541: Fishing pole holders 2542: Concrete slab. Somebody left some rebar laying on it 2543: Fireman's axe 2544: Device for putting a bent-over lip on a disk
Reply to
Zz Yzx
2543 -- firefighter's axe, yes, but specifically a pick head axe.

Northe

Reply to
Northe

2544 is used to set teeth on a circular saw.
Reply to
Phil Kangas

2539 - Look like wood working tools used to cut a round or square groove.

2540 -

2541 - Adjustable fishing rod holders. They clamp on and allow you to set the butt of the rod in them.

2542 - Teeth broken off a road sweeper broom. They make great lock pick stock.

2543 - Kelly Standard Fire axe.

2544 - Circular saw tooth set tool.

Reply to
Steve W.
2539 Amish tire thumpers, for wagon wheels. 2540 Frying pan for high viscosity eggs. 2541 they probably hold the arms, that hold awnings for shade. 2542 probably scraps of stick braze or silver braze. Used for refrigeration work, joining tubing. 2543 Fireman's pick axe. 2544, totally no clue.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nope

Good job, looks like this is correct

I thought it might be something else but it seems like this is the right answer.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good guess, it is indeed a saw set.

Reply to
Rob H.

Not quite correct but you're in the right ballpark.

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope, that's not it.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, I was planning to mention to the lock pick angle in my answer.

Reply to
Rob H.