What is it? Set 425

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2463. An X10 remotely swtched or dimmed socket?
Reply to
Dennis

Good Morning all,

#2462 looks like a nutcracker to me #2463 a fuse for a bulb or a tool to screw into a bulb outlet, incl. a switch or fuse resetter. #2465 Ships exhaust outlet system, possibly from the Costa Cordalis? #2466 to measure shoe size?

regards Walter

Am 26.01.2012 10:16, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft

Good Morning all,

#2462 looks like a nutcracker to me #2463 a fuse for a bulb or a tool to screw into a bulb outlet, incl. a switch or fuse resetter. #2465 Ships exhaust outlet system, possibly from the Costa Concordia ? #2466 to measure shoe size?

regards Walter

Am 26.01.2012 10:16, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft
2462 nutcracker?

2463 socket with all electronic circuit for removable / changeable neon bulb. See Picture (282 KB):

unit is without the red fuse button.

greetings from germany chris

Reply to
Christian Stüben

Rob H. wrote the following on 1/26/2012 4:16 AM (ET):

2463 Looks like an old smoke detector that screws in between a bulb socket and the bulb. No extra wiring needed.
Reply to
willshak

2461. I would guess some type of split ring pliers.

2462. Nut cracker

2463. For shorter people, gets the bulb a bit closer to the ground.

2464. this is what the leatherman looked like previous to the current design.

2465. Smoke stack for a ship.

2466. I'm going to guess some type of rule gauge to check pitch

Tom

Reply to
tnik

Oh, that restores my long lost memory. The detector has internal battery, and charges itself when the light is on.

.

2463 Looks like an old smoke detector that screws in between a bulb socket and the bulb. No extra wiring needed.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
2461, some kind of mechanical separator. But what? 2462, probably a nut cracker for walnuts. 2463, I looked at this and said "wow, that's familiar". someone else recognized it as a smoke detector. 2464, Seems to be a "do all" kitchen gadget. I recognize can opener, and bottle opener, with that metal piece that goes on the end of the meat cleaver. 2465, looks like a tube type radio. The mesh dome looks a little like the top of an AC outdoor unit. 2466, never seen one of these.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2462 Medieval bra. The matching chastity belt is not shown.
Reply to
Gerald Ross
2461: tool for stretching some kind of o ring or belt, perhaps for installation. 2464. Multipurpose cleaver -- recognize bottle cap lifter, can opener, possibly tenderizer (s)?, mincer?.

Northe

Reply to
Northe

2464: Multipurpose butcher's tool. Note the rotatable head.
Reply to
Bill

6 big pipes: one for each pair of cylinders.

The smaller pipes: exhausts for auxiliary engines. For power and whatnot while not underway.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Correct

Yes, but it's the Costa Concordia

Reply to
Rob H.

Smoke detector is correct

Reply to
Rob H.

2461) Designed to force two objects apart and hold them separated. Since the cradles are not pivoted, it suggests that the two objects are round rods. Otherwise, two square objects, such as 2x2" wood or steel bars.

2462) Looks like something designed to break small objects (glass rods, pills, etc) and capture the parts or debris.

2463) Likely to automatically turn on the installed light when the daylight fades below a level preset by the red knob.

2464) Well ... the major part is a cleaver.

At least one part (that labeled '5' in the second photo) is designed as a can opener.

'6' will turn a round object in a single direction, and slip in the other.

'4' is likely a bottle opener for soda and beer bottles.

'3' and '2' look like meat tenderizers.

I would like to see the end view of the part labeled '1'. Without that I can't guess that part.

2465) This is the top view of one of the funnels of the cruise ship which recently took over the news reports by running into a rock and killing several passengers.

2466) Given the sliding piece, and the hinge, it could be used to set angles (similar to a sine bar, but less accurate) if the height of the vertical part is right.

Do any of the scales match inch or metric lengths?

Now to post (rather late, thanks to a visitor), and then see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The angle of view pretty much defines that. :-)

AT a guess, one large exhaust for each pair of cylinders, and the fours somewhat smaller ones are for intake air, to keep passengers from falling in or blocking the intakes.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

2464:
Myron Buck

Great find. And, yes, that's a rare piece in good condition.

Thanks for sharing.

.

2464:
Stormin Mormon

I forgot to mention it but just added to my site that it has 14 inch increments on the outside and 14 cm on the inside.

Still not sure about the rule but the rest of them have been correctly identified this week, the answers can be seen here:

-----

Someone just sent me the photo below, the item was found in a bag of spinach that was purchased from a large well known grocery store, maybe someone here can tell us what it is:

Rob H.