Reply to
Rob H.

2775, A water valve 'key'.

2778, A distributor wrench.

Erik

Reply to
Erik
2773. Shield for suit of armour.

2774. Flight case for .....err..... no idea.

2775. High level valve key.

2778. Ring spanner :o)

Reply to
David B

2775. Valve shut on/off tool 2778. Automotive distributor wrench.
Reply to
DanG
2773 Just has to be a work of art.

2774 Is obviously a shipping case, probably for a musical instrument.

2775 I see that several people have said 'valve key'. In the 1964 Burt Lancaster movie, "The Train", he uses a tool exactly like this to undo the track fastening bolts on a WWII french railroad line.

2776 Fasces

Symbol of power, historically used by Romans, and Italian WWII and pre-war Fascists.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

2776 An ornate steam whistle

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Alexander Thesoso:

Or a prop for a movie fantasy... which, of course, would also count as a work of art.

I'm going from memory here, but I say not exactly. In the movie, the bolts in the track have hexagonal heads, and the business end of the tool is like the socket you'd find on a socket wrech.

Reply to
Mark Brader

2776 - Perhaps a Gas Sconce
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

2773 - Armor ... glove and shield for left arm.

2774 - Rifle case (?)

2775 - Wrench for water main valve

2777 - Cap for a tube or pipe

Reply to
joeljcarver

2773 - What you get when an overzealous armorer decides your plate armor just isn't heavy enough.... (it's a lantern shield, with a retractable sword blade) 2774 - Travel case. Possibly for lights?

2775 - Water valve shut off tool.

2776 -

2777 -

2778 - Sold as a water pump/starter wrench originally.
Reply to
Steve W.

2776 Iconographically it is a "fasces", an ancient roman symbol that became the symbol of the Mussoloni's Fascist party.

I don't know why it was filled with sand, but it is more than likely that it was finial off of some flag pole and brought back as a souvenir from WWII.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman
2773, medeival battle shield. 2774, trombone case. 2775 "curb key" shut off valve for utility workers. 2776, totally no clue. 2777, totally no clue. 2778, looks a little like the distributor wrench I used in the 1980s. Similar, but not exactly. I may still have the old wrench, if you want me to check and send pictures. I needed it for my 1974 Dodge Dart, with a 318 cid engine. Have you called auto parts store? Thorsen might be the brand I've got.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
2777 Magnetic stirrer. WW

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
WW

Thanks, didn't really expect to get an answer for this one.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

I was thinking brake bleeder wrench but I'm not 100% sure.

Reply to
Rob H.

Brake bleeders are 3/8 or 7/16, this looks like 9/16 or 1/2"

Reply to
Ralph

The owner said: "Both ends are boxed and 5/8 size", what size are distributor wrenches?

Reply to
Rob H.

Brake bleeders typically 3/16 inch, and typically out in the open. The brakes I've bled used either a common box wrench, or socket wrench. No need for the offset.

.

I was thinking brake bleeder wrench but I'm not 100% sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

IIRC, my old Dodge Dart was 1/2 inch.

.

The owner said: "Both ends are boxed and 5/8 size", what size are distributor wrenches?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

IIRC, most american cars were 1/2" or 9/16"... maybe even a few 7/16". I think 5/8" is a bit big for distributors. Not too many metric distributor wrenches, I think there might have been a 15mm for some Cadillac and VW applications. Most foreign cars were 10 or 12mm and didn't require special tools.

Now thinking 2778 might be a special... like maybe for getting to Diesel injection pump hold down bolts. But thats just a wild guess.

Erik

Reply to
Erik