What is it? Set 482

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2804- clay pigeon launcher for trap shooting

2808- lockout gear to prevent operation of a switch/mechanism until all padlocks are removed.

Reply to
spamTHISbrp
2803, don't know why. 2804, skeet..... pull! 2805, Turkish baby bath. That's how they train the boys who grow up to lay on bed of nails. 2806, no clue. I notice a couple saws in the edge of the photo. Folding chair for carpenter? 2807, just guessing, Amish two man window scraper for buggy. 2808, reminds me a bit of the "lockout; tagout" devices sold by Master Lock. Wonder if it's an early version?

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

padlocks are removed.

Both of these answers are correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes

for carpenter?

This one is for use by a farmer.

Wonder if it's an early version?

Yep, but I don't know how old it is.

Reply to
Rob H.
2805 Some sort of fruit picking basket 2806 Seed planting tool 2807 Carpet stretcher

Rob H. wrote:

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Pretty much what I wrote. Thanks, Rob.

.

Both of these answers are correct.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2806 - Looks like an old corn planter.
Reply to
Steve W.

Nope

That's it! It was patented in 1856.

Still not sure about this one

Reply to
Rob H.

BTW I'm having problems with the "Larger image" postings on PhotoBucket. With Firefox, I just get it wanting me to log in (thus wanting me to register) and showing me nothing of the image. With Opera, (if I enable JavaScript) I get about a one or two second flash of the image, and it is then replaced with a blank screen. Since this is on a Sun UltraSPARC workstation, Internet Explorer is not an option, even if I were willing to run it. :-)

2803) Looks like they were originallyj designed to hold a board edge up for planing. However, joined that way is a fixture for holding two parts of a particular regular product in the right relationship as they are being joined.

2804) Yet another clay pidgeon launcher. Probably painted that brightly to avoid someone tripping on them, since they are typically mounted at ground level.

2805) Protective cover for something like a meter mounted on a pipe?

I would feel happier about this if there were some obvious way to join the two.

2806) Perhaps for joining 2x4s to make a sawhorse?

2807) Perhaps for scraping concrete at a junction with a wall?

2808) A multiple lock-out bar. The hooks are place through the disconnect switch for the electrical power to some machine tool which is going to be serviced, and then everyone working on it places his/her own lock through one of the holes. This one will accept six of them.

Only when each of them has gotten clear of the machine and remove his/her own lock can power be restored to the machine.

Now to post this and see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Photobucket just changed formats, sounds like they have a few bugs to work out. Hopefully it will be better by next week. I'm running Chrome and it works for me.

Here are my answers for this set:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Yet another which is not an option for me. I even tried the old browser which came with the Sun Solaris 10 OS, and that also does not work there.

Add in my habit of blocking javascript and other things unless

*I* really need them to run, and lots of sites don't work.

I saw the problem the previous week -- but I was too late getting to it to bother posting at all.

O.K. I see that the two which I was *sure* of were right -- just too late to get credit.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thanks, that was entertaining. And learned a bit.

.