2603. Pot for boiling sugar cane juice into syrup. At least that's what they used it for at Middleton Place. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

#2599 Part of a "Frisbee Golf" course?

#2600 Crimper, for attaching wires using insulated or non-insulated connectors.

#2603 Put grapes in it to make wine?

#2604 Hotplates (to rest a hot pan on a genteel table)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Scratch that guess, they are not big enough.

How about a "musical" purpose--percusive?

Bill

Reply to
Bill
2600: A Heyco bushing compression tool.. used to install power cord (or other cable) protective bushings in metal panels.

Heyco bushings are those plastic inserts installed around power cords to securely anchor them in metal panels of appliances and other equipment.

The cord is placed in the bushing shell and the tool is used to compress the bushing so the barbed body of the bushing can be inserted into the panel hole easily. When the tool is removed, the bushing expands slightly, gripping the edges of the panel hole to provide a secure mechanical attachment.

Despite the fairly simple design of the Heyco bushings, they're not easily installed or removed from a panel, particularly from the outside (power cord side) of an appliance.

Some Heyco bushings include additional strain relief features to promote reliability of the power cord/cable.

(a fairly easy puzzle since the company name is prominently displayed, this time).

Reply to
Wild_Bill
2599 Hmmm... Looking at the first picture, I jump to the conclusion that this is a mill. The millstone rolls in circles on its periphery. The central post is upside-down, and its upper projection forms the central pivot. Then, quickly looking at the next two pictures, I get confused... There is no room for a draft animal to go round between the brick circle and the nearby post. The working periphery of the millstone is very rough, so it cannot be used to grind to a powder. There is no way to collect a liquid if this mill is used to extract a fluid or juice or oil from something. Then the fourth and fifth picture confuse the driving situation. The frame is a yoke for a draft animal with the sheave driving a belt to the mill. But the draft animal would have to step or jump over the belt? Is it possible that the yoke, post and sheave are upside-down? I can't immediately think of a farm product that is produced or used in quantity that would be made by this crushing mill.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2599, either artifact of Fred Flinstone's car, or maybe a millstone for wheat grinding. 2600, I suspect a crimper for electronic cable connector. 2601, that's familiar gadget. I think opening paint cans, carrying paint cans (wire handle) and can't think of the third. 2602, probably for holding the corners of furniture, while the glue dries. 2603, Goliath's combat helmet. The chin strap is missing, typically made of sewn leather. Or, it could be a kettle for boiling syrup from sap. 2604, totally no clue.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2603. Isn't this the classic pot used by the natives to boil missionaries?
Reply to
Lee Michaels

And 2601 is used to crush the cane ?

Reply to
Snag

How about they're used to get a stable place to put a pot or pan on an open fire ?

Reply to
Snag

OOOps , that would be 2599 is a cane crushing device .

Reply to
Snag
2603 - Is a syrup kettle, for making syrup in. Sugar cane juice is squeezed from the sugar cane and the juice runs, via a trough, into this pot to be cooked down into syrup. We have a pic of my grandfather's syrup mill with the horse spinning the press, which squeezes the cane to extract the juice.

Today, many of these kettles are used for flower bed displays (think of a large hanging flower pot, but on the ground, not hanging) or for some feature of lawn decor.

Reply to
Sonny

The bottom of the bricked circular ring (enlarge the pic) appears to have a "concrete" or stone bottom. The contents in the ring appears to be wood chips, but not sure if this is there for demo purposes, relative to use of the "tool". There is no debris, as this, anywhere else, nearby... only within the ring. It certainly doesn't appear as a typical gristmill.

For grinding coal? I don't know why coal would need to be ground, though. I don't think this tool is indigenous to my area, so I have no idea about regions of the country with coal, hence the guess. Charcoal grinder?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

2599 A threshing wheel.

2603 Syrup kettle for boiling down cane juice.

2604 Skimmers to remove the foam/debris from the contents of the kettle.
Reply to
G. Ross

2599 - Old grinding wheel. The pivot is upside down. Could be used for grains or to grind limestone for chinking/mortar. The last picture is a different style but used to make flour normally. 2600 - Strain relief pliers.

2601 -

2602 -

2603 - Looks like an old tanning pot for liming hides.

2604 -
Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Large kettles could be used for several different purposes, so while your answer is a correct use for such a kettle, it isn't the answer for this particular one.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Actually part of a village type museum

Nope

These metal items are not related to cooking or hot pans.

Reply to
Rob H.

They aren't music related

Reply to