What is it? Set 484

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2815 fossilized football, used by the EED, Electrical Engineer Dwarf team, of 1461. They played in the south of France, about that time. 2816 Practice battle rifle, used by the English when they were short of real rifles, during the War. 2817 The crank and gear part looks a LOT like bench grinder I bought at a garage sale, about 40 years ago. The rest, not sure. Best guess, it's used for plucking chickens. 2818 either a speaker grille, or vent diffuser. 2819 looks like part of a door hold open, or a hold open for the lid of a storage chest. A threaded shaft goes through the slot, and is held in place with a wing nut and washer. 2820, maybe a table saw guide? Clamps on to the edge of the saw table.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are correct in that these two items are indeed saw related, though they are not guides.

Reply to
Rob H.

2815: Ancient fishing line weight?

2818: Strainer to remove the big rocks from a gold pan?

Reply to
anorton

You have the right idea on the strainer but this one is sold for use with bullet cartridges.

My answers have been posted, no luck yet on the mystery items:

Thanks to everyone who participated and/or visited the site this week.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I believe 2817 is a grinding wheel dresserthough I haven't found an image.

Reply to
aasberry

I couple of other people also suggested this, but we're all in the same boat in that none of us can prove it.

Reply to
Rob H.