Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/vFBVC/new
Rob

On 4/3/2014 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3145 Home made wheel chock.
3146 Of course a fence tool. :-)
3147 A tenderizer... (probably something else)
3148 Looks like a gear puller, but since it's from a paint company has to be something else.
3149 Metal bending tool.
3150 Winding mechanism, probably has a counter in the box to count rotations.
--
Jeff

I think some type puller, probably gear. Where do you get paint company. Blue Point was an automotive tool sold through/by Snapon.

On 4/5/2014 8:50 AM, Leon wrote:

Ahhhh. looked like blue paint. not point... I never needed a battery terminal puller, alway kept them lubed with vaseline or an aerospace gel to prevent oxidation and corrosion. Wish I still had that aerospace gel. Friend gave me a tube from Grumman.

--
Jeff

3148 battery terminal clamp puller

This answer is correct.
On 03-Apr-14 4:02 PM, Rob H. wrote:

3148 looks like a bearing puller.
I think the Blue Point brand is associated with Snap On who make tools.
On 4/3/2014 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3146 looks a fence puller of some sort.
3148 appears to be a car battery terminal lifter.
The rest are unknown to me.
Jeff
On 4/3/2014 3:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3145, slotted recipe or mail holder. Hangs on the wall with nail hole provided. 3146, fish scale, or fence tightener. 3147, lobster picker. How a maine man gets a lobstah out of the tank to put in the steamer. (BTW, we had this one a couple months ago.) 3148 battery terminal remover for top post auto batteries. 3149, no clue 3150, cranked center punch for locating drill holes.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 4/3/2014 3:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

DoN, I'm posting from northern USA
3149 Is a chain breaker. It holds a steel chain link so you can hammer the next link off of it. The 3 notches are for different size chains.

Chain breaker is correct, also called a chain detacher.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Correct. I totally forgot that I recently posted this tool in January.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Hey Rob,
My guesses:
3146 Fire door latch 3147 It's a slam slide hammer, but for what purpose?? 3148 It's definitely a battery cable puller. 3149 Part of the equipment to "hand-make" rope. 3150 A carpenter's drill that makes it's own center mark to start.
Take care. I can't say often enough how much I appreciate the time you take to do this weekly. Always interesting. Keep up the good work.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

    Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
3145)    Hmm ... an edge view might help a bit -- to show the shape     of the steps in the wood.
    First guess is that it is a chock which is shoved adjacent to a     wheel to prevent it rolling.
    Shape of the steps could confirm that it instead is a stepped     wedge to go with a second similarly steeped piece to serve as an     adjustable height block. (There are similar things made of     metal used for setups on milling machines and the like.)
3146)    This one looks as though it is intended to hang from the large     ring and each step in the ratchet holds at a slightly different     angle, thus lifting the load in small increments. Pulling up on     the lever to the right allows it to reset to its lowest     position.
3147)    This one looks familiar from a recent previous posting, and I     seem to remember it being to test hardness of wood, though I may     be wrong.
3148)    Tool for pulling an automotive battery cable terminal clear of     the terminal post on the battery.
3149)    Totally unfamiliar to me.
    Looks like forged steel, and something has been bashed against     the bottom of the right-hand groove more than the smaller other     grooves.
    Looks as though it is intended to sit on top of an anvil while     in use.
    But no clue what is being bashed into the slots.
3150)    Hmm ... the drawing gives more information than the photo does.
    It looks like a repeating stroke center punch with a replaceable     tip. Turn the crank and it both rotates the punch and strikes     it by raising the weight (7) and dropping it (assisted by the     spring) multiple times per rotation.
    The teeth on the spur gear, and the worm gear have a buttress     tooth formation, allowing it to raise and then drop the weight     once or more per crank rotation (depending on how many starts     the thread of the worm has) -- and it looks like the point is     rotated about once per three turns of the crank.
    if the point had a drill bit shape, it would be sort of like a     manual hammer drill, but the point looks purely conical.
    Perhaps it is for decorative indenting of thin sheet metal     instead of the usual function of a center punch to make a small     conical hole to mark the starting point for a drill in thicker     metal.
    Now to post and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Good description of it. I've never used a hammer drill and don't know why the point isn't more like a drill bit shape.
The answers for this week's set have been posted:
Rob
On 4/4/2014 2:44 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desktop PC in the living room, as always.
Hammer drills are used for making hole in cement, they both rotate, and pound forward. I've got one that's many years old, and it does a good job when used with masonry bit. Doesn't work at all well when used with high speed bit, into cement. The bit goes dull immediately, and then it stops drilling. Last week, I saw a worker using a cordless Dewalt hammer drill, that was impressive. Much quieter than my corded old one.
Thanks for posting the answers. I'm pretty sure you've posted the board gage before, but could not remember the use. The terminal clamp, I bought one years ago, but never had a clamp that corroded on. Usually whacking the terminal with a wrench would loosen the corrosion, after the bolt was loosened.
My parents house, the chimney flue is adjusted by a turn knob. Their chimney is on the outside of the building. We have to hold a piece of news paper up the chimney and light it to start the draft, or the smoke doesn't go up. (exterior chimney full of cold air). The folks next door, the fireplace is in center of the house, and they never have trouble with the draft.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Thanks for the info on the hammer drill. Good memory on the board gauge, I did post it once before a long time ago.
Rob
On 4/5/2014 2:27 PM, Rob H. wrote:

> Good memory on the board gauge, I did

I was introduced to hammer drills on a job where they had been contracted to install 300 plus deadbolts, half of them went into steel frame doors with cement filled jamb. That was a lot of work, and kept a couple guys occupied for several months.
The ice chipper also was familiar, but had forgot what that did. Not a lobster skewer after all.
--
.
Christopher A. Young