FS_Bridgeport Right angle head

Rough cosmetics, it appears to be in good mechanical shape.

$350 OBO

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:33:39 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Not being an actual machinist and all, I have to ask this question: Did BP make a Left Angle Head, too?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't be obtuse, BP never made a Acute Angle Head either! :)

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

No..but the Red Chinese do.

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

ROFLMAO!! Well done Sir..veddywelldone indeed!

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Is there a column mounted arbour support bracket to go with it?

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Nope...just whats in the picture.

Feel free to browse the other catagories as well.

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No no, theirs is a wong angle head.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Phew.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Got a shaper ..I could make one up.

Might cost more than the head though....

And Id need to study a Bridgeport . I dont have one close by.

Actually..Ive never seen a support (tailstock) with one of these..and Ive seen a bunch in the shops I service. Most have much shorter arbors however

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 00:24:27 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Ouch, this thread is really deteriorationg. ;)

------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

One example is here:-

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The support essentially has a female dovetail to match the male dovetail on the bottom of the ram (round ram Bridgeports need not apply). One side of the dovetail is a separate piece which clamps down with a bolt for rigidity.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

About what Id thought it would look like. Be easy enough to make one.

So one assumes that a round ram user wouldnt want this?

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually, the one I thought I remembered clamped on to the column dovetails, not the ram dovetails. That would have made it far more useful.

There seem to have been quite a lot of variations.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I saw the rear support and even lost a bid on one.

I am a man of principles, of which the most important one is that I never pay a fair price for anything. So I lost.

Ignoramus21020

And you are both wrong.

I remember some weird attachment you could set to any angle.

A bit of googlefu and

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Quillmasters were not uncommon. Before CNC, you could find them in many mold shops, along with cherrying heads and other odds and ends to help you machine difficult cavities.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

OOOOO!!!!! Ive never seen one of THOSE before! Neet!

I noticed that my right angle head....

"Above: No. 3 right-angle attachment for the Model J Head. This heavy-duty 4 to 3 reduction unit was very well made with hardened and lapped spiral-bevel gears and the hollow spindle, designed to accept standard R-8 tooling, running in pre-loaded ball bearings. The attachment is shown in combination with the Auxiliary Arbor Support, a device that greatly improved its performance when used for horizontal milling. The collet capacity range was 1/8" to 3/4"."

so evidently the Auxiliary Arbor Support was purchased seperately.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I got one of the those Quill Masters, a 90-degree head, and a horizontal milling adaptor (another 90-degree head with an arbor and a support) all in lieu of back rent from a tenant. They were literally like "brand new", in the original boxes with the styrofoam cut-outs and the manuals, but I don't think they were worth enough to cover the rent. I don't have a Bridgeport so I loaned them all to one of my buddies... and will probably never see any of them again.

Reply to
David Courtney