Right Angle Gear Drives

I need a right angle drive system, and although I am not a mechanical engineer, I did take my statics and dynamics courses in college. I am trying
to compare and contrast Bevel and Worm Drive gear systems, in terms of torque and speed capacities. I need about 10Nm or torque at about 60 rpm.
Can anybody suggest a source where 1) I can buy one-sies in a retail manner, without being hounded by sales engineers -not that I think that's bad, but I am just not gonna be buying 100's or 1000's, nor do I need precise engineering. - I just want to do some experimental R&D, and 2) reasonably inexpensive source.
I am into plastic materials if they can match my load requirement.
Also, another interesting question, in my humble opinion. I notice that you can just walk into Home Depot and buy " 4-1/2 inch Angle Grinders" really cheap, like $29.95. This is way cheaper than you can get a precision cut worm or bevel gear (unless someone can answer my previous question). Inside one of those off-the shelf appliances is a high performance (albeit probably not particularly precise) right angle gear drive. Has anyone had any experience modifying one of these in Robotics projects?
Have you looked at the right angled attachments sold for cordless drills. Not sure how much they are but they're probably farly cheap.
Mitch