OT: Cordless drill powered bike

Me like. Like its predecessor using a low power Dewalt cordless drill, this one rocks. Now that Dewalt makes 9 amp hour batteries we are
talking some serious distance. I think it's better than a hub moter with its conglomerate of peripherals. Throttle control is a cheep Revo shifter with the latching mechanism removed. Simple as pie. It requires a freewheeling pedal hub (like on drift trikes) and a method for attaching the drill to the freewheeling pedal hub axle.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/ That one is unfinished, but gives the general idea. (let me know if you have trouble viewing, will provide pictures apart from Flickr)
My 5 amp hour batteries are plenty for now. A round trip to the local megastore easily on one battery (no spares). I just got caught in a rainstorm coming back from buying some groceries. Put a grocery bag over the drill and its battery, tied tightly, and rode through the downpour.
email.me:

I would try to use a motor from one of those carts all the old folk are using now. The controller too.
"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno"

I fixed Mobility equipment between high tech jobs, as R&D employment is intermittent. Yes the second-hand motors and controllers could be useful but I decided not to divert them from the grey market of repairing powered wheel chairs for people not reimbursed by insurance. Big Brother's health care bureaucracy can be very challenging for those who aren't fully functional.
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 06:51:22 +0000 (UTC), DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I still say it is a STUPID idea and a terrible bodge.
email.me:

You seem to have this habit of going from actual discussion on a topic to this retarded punk fuck jackass making stupid cracks.
Fuck you asswipe. Your decision to use this motor to drive a bike is lame. Just like you.
I used a 1950s auto generator hooked up tp operate as a motor on my "go cart" back in 1971.
I was doing electromotive drives back when you were an even more retarded dumbfuck than you are now.
email.me:

I have accomplished more in my life than you or ever will, chump.
I'll wait for the total retard to discover that his Dewalt is De Fault with his quest.
Oh wait... no... the fault lies between his ears, so there will never be a fix for that lack.
email.me:

You are the retarded fuck that jacked off at the mouth instead of discussing, and you are the retarded fuck who started saying shit about mothers. Fuck you, DoeTard.

You are an idiot. Been here for years.
And it was your mother who was sick, fuckhead.
Just remember assschssschhHAT... You started it. You calling me an sob... I should come find you and flush you. You talk about folks' mothers all the time, you stupid bastard? Fuck you too, jackass.
Somebody should stick an NYPD broomstick handle up your asch till it comes out your mouth. Again... fuck you, boy.
I HATE retarded asch holes.

He's gone under hundreds of nyms. He's generally known as "AlwaysWrong" (because he is *always* wrong) on SED but he's had so many nyms he's also known as "Nymbecile".

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 02:34:31 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote:

You're always wrong, AlwaysWrong. This is no exception.

You are a godamned idiot. Case closed.
Take your retarded fantasy world to another group, dipshit.

You're a goddamned retarded fucking loon.
email.me:

You area goddamned Usenet idiot, and your full header copy and paste in your replies proves it. Damn., boy! You are fucking STOOPID!
On 9/8/2018 6:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote:

That picture is at least 20, probably 30 years old.
Wieber not only is a goddamned retarded fucking loon, he's a congenital liar, a tax cheat, and a thieving dole-scrounging chiseler (who most likely can't do a single two-handed pull-up.)
--
Mark Wieber is a dole scrounger, a congenital liar, and a chiseler.

You are just as poor at research as you are at mechanical engineering.
Your bike and your bike idea are shit.
They were shit two years ago too. I was here then as well. You are just too goddamned stupid to glean anything factual from the world around you so you start making shit up.
Man, you really are stupid. A simple google search reveals I was in this group back in 2013. Right on the very first page of the search result.
You are a truly sad case, ASSch hole.

No... you have been an idiot who has chimed in on this group over the years. You have had nothing short of "continual" or "constant and ongoing" delusions about damned near every poster here and you mutter them often enought that you should have been plonked by all over the years years ago.
The fact that you are unable to perform as simple a tast as a google groups search on a poster proves that you are an incompitent twit.
You are even more fact free than Donald J. Trump, and that is some accomplishment, putz. Get off your high horse and learn to take criticism or simply fuck off and die, you retarded know nothing piece of shit. You started this because you can't handle the sooth, much less the truth.
On 9/8/2018 7:55 AM, snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote:

No, he's just too amusing to kill-file. The absurd lies and the comical empty threats are simply too much fun.

Wieber had multiple bypass surgery coming up on 10 years ago: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/104042282269066802602/album/AF1QipMWHvl9LhICpcO02BX0_pe2B3_vX5DSI027A5-m/AF1QipMRCTMhAsP2g4tdGNiR1zJAqZfZPlZja1bUcu1a?source=pwa#5297722097241260450
He's due for a relapse.
--
Mark Wieber is a dole scrounger, a congenital liar, and a chiseler.

On 9/8/2018 5:44 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:

You might be interested in the Mark Wieber Cliff Notes. I think it's at Version 13 now. I believe I have it saved as a draft, so I'll repost it for your amusement. Wieber, apparently bipolar, has described it both as a good summary of his "accomplishments", and also as grounds for a defamation lawsuit! Regarding the latter, he once told the author of the Cliff Notes (WhoYaKidding) to expect a "summins" [sic] from Wieber's lawyer. As with all of Wieber's bullshit threats, nothing came of it.
Look for it shortly.
--
Mark Wieber is a dole scrounger, a congenital liar, and a chiseler.

On 9/6/2018 11:37 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

So what else is new?
On 09/06/2018 07:22 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:

Well, that escalated quickly.