Cheap drill press turned into cordless drill holder.

FWIW...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
The trigger is held by a small plastic ratcheting clamp that came with a quick
clamp kit. Seems to work well. Can get very low speed with the powerful DeWalt drill on its slowest setting. Seems to not bog down, either.
That's preliminary. Don't plan on using it a lot. It's lighter than when the stock drill press motor was attached to it. The drill is holstered to keep it from wiggling, with some hot melt glue to keep it from popping out. To remove the drill, the hot melt glue can be easily removed using a little isopropyl alcohol. But won't need to, I have several of those drills.
I think the slower speed makes a big difference. Should have done this a long time ago.