HF Cordless Drill Batt recharging

As some of you may have found out the hard way, HF charging bases for the cordless drills do not have charge sensing circuitry or timer. Leave
it plugged in too long, and the battery gets fried. I use this: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber@148 chronically on sale for 3-4 bucks at the stores. You set up the base/timer, Plug it in, Set it, And...Forget it! No more overcharged batteries. JR Dweller in the cellar
Yes and note that most household timers offered in the box stores don't accept three-prong plugs but this one does.
David Merrill

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:56:46 GMT, "David Merrill"

I get around that by splitting a duplex receptacle - feed power to one receptacle - thru timer to short two wire (polarized) cord feeding the other receptacle into which the load is plugged. OTOH, Noma has a nice, digital unit, but I loses it's program if the power goes off. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
JR North wrote:

How long do you set it to charge?
David
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:28:35 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,

ONe more question: Doesn't it immediately start discharging when the charger is turned off by the timer?!?
--
Every moment is a golden one
for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
Larry Jaques wrote:

What? A few picoamps of leakage through the diodes? The battery will self discharge faster.
prove it.