fit up pressure washer hose

It looks like my sewer and drainfield are very likely to be froze up when I get home in a few days...

I own a hot pressure washer that I got from Northern Tool. They don't sell the exact same model anymore but its very similar to this:

I'm planning on ordering 100' of hose and a sewer nozzle from these folks:
I see the hose comes in three different sizes. Nominal 1/8, 1/4, 3/8. I bet these aren't exact measurements. Nor are they NPT pipe sizes. (I've had the wand off - IIRC, its a straight machine thread that tightens against a seal)

I have a neighbor that can use a caliper. He could take a measurement or two.

Can anyone help me with which hose to order? What measurements would identify the hose I have?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Those 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 are almost certainly NPT sizes. What you have on your pressure washer is most likely the metric 22mm coupling that is the norm on most pressure washers I've seen. You likely need the 3/8" NPT sewer nozzle and 3/8" NPT sewer hose, along with a 3/8 FNPT to 22mm male adapter.

A call to Northern could probably confirm the fitting you have, but if it isn't the sliding sleeve quick connect (similar to the air quick connects), and it's not a tapered NPT thread, it's almost certainly the

22mm metric fitting.

I think the female end of the 22mm fitting is normally on the hose side, not the gun, but for the few dollars, you could get one of each adapter from 3/8 NPTF to insure you have the correct end.

Reply to
Pete C.

Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up. I'm thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I have fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

From what I'm seeing, you would install the 3/8" FNPT sewer nozzle on one end of the 3/8" MNPT 100' sewer hose, install the 3/8" FNPT to 22mm metric adapter on the other end of the 100' sewer hose, and then the

22mm metric fitting would couple to the pressure washer gun in place of the normal lance / nozzle assembly so you still have the on/off trigger control.

That M22 metric connection is the only non NPT and non QC fitting I've seen used on pressure washers. Looking in the Northern catalog, everything is either an NPT thread (mostly 3/8"), the QC connection, or the M22 connection.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hmm, looking at that site again, I see they don't list a 3/8" sewer hose, even though they list 3/8" sewer nozzles. So correct what I said to 1/4" NPT sewer nozzle to 1/4" NPT sewer hose to 1/4" NPTF to M22 male adapter to couple to your pressure washer.

Reply to
Pete C.

This site has a good parts list plus they give some descriptions if you read through the different pages. It sounds like you have M22 hose connections, you might want to consider converting over to quick connections, Except if you are going to use a sewer jeter nozzle I would screw that directly onto the hose end. That way it doesn't come off accidentally inside the sewer.

Joe Mama

Well, what's the verdict, does your PW use the M22 connection? Did you get the hose and nozzle? Was the septic frozen? Bored minds want to know...

Reply to
Pete C.

The hose is 3/8 NPT. I've ordered the stuff and its due at my neighbor's house in a couple days. I also got a coupling from 1/4 to 3/8 NPT. I'm part way on my 2000 mile migration right now. Should be home on Saturday.

SWMBO will make sure I have the toilets working before I get any rest.

P.S. I stayed in the Keys a couple extra days and got in another GREAT fishing expedition. My SO had two keeper groupers (only second time we've ever had two in a day) and I had a nice bunch of huge Yellow Tail snapper.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:55:26 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

Spring spawning downstream, wot?

Smart woman.

Are groupers edible? I've only seen them in ocean pics. (If you'd said "groupies" I'd have known they were edible. )

Chiwanese wenches? Yellowtail is the bestest tuna in the world. Red snapper is another fish. Make up your mind, eh, Karl?

-- Such is the irresistible nature of truth that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques