pressure washer pump oil

My washer needed some spring PM so I opened the pump (never done this before) and spilled the oil all over the bench. Karcher specs 15W-40 non detergent and wants almost $30 for a quart. Is there something special about the oil for a pressure washer pump or can I just use regular 15W-40 ND? Art

Reply to
Artemus

My pressure washer calls out changing this once/year. I just use 30W ND.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Thanks for the replies guys. I ran off this morning before checking the wreck and found a pint of pressure washer pump oil at Ace for $4.50. My pump takes just less than 4oz so I'm good for a few years now. *IF* I can manage to find the damn jug next time! Art

Reply to
Artemus

I've never heard of a multi viscosity non-detergent oil. Has anyone else?

Froogle search turned up zero hits.

I'd use 30 weight ND, unless you pressure wash in extremely low or high temperatures.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
2700 psi 2.3 Max GPM Troy built 7.75 motor
Reply to
rapplesray