DeWalt

DEWALT built high torque motor delivers 500 in-lbs of maximum torque. XRP extended run-time batteries provide long run-time & battery life.
Patented 3-speed transmission features a max 3rd speed at 2,000 rpm. Hammerdrill mode 34,000 bpm drills faster holes in masonry applications. 1/2 in. Metal ratcheting chuck with carbide jaws prevents bits from slipping. Superior ergonomics provides optimal balance, comfort and control.
My HF SDS Hammer Drill will whip the DeWalt's ass. I thought my Milwaukee HD was good, till I tried the HF. 3/4" SDS bit Goes through 5" heavy ag concrete in 5 sec. Excellent isolation; Virtually no vib transmitted. The Milwaukee took over a minute with similar, but chucked bit, and buzzed my arm numb.. The SDS chuck is the way to go. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberA983 JR Dweller in the cellar
Improveyourlife wrote:

But will it fit in a Tk toolkit?
posted to RCM only
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:01:03 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor qualm,

Which one, JR?

Inherited space-savings, perhaps?
QUERY re: HF SDS drills
I have some holes to punch in concrete ot put up a carport for my new twuck. Is this HF SDS kit worth a crap or should I just rent a hammer drill for a day? It'd be about the same price. Are the HF drill bits worth a hoot? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberA983 IN the store, they're listed as $79.99 on sale for $59.99, but on the website, they're listed as normally $59.99 on sale for $39.99. Strange.
These are straight SDS, while all the bits in stores are SDS+ or MAX.
-- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. -- Confucius

I would just rent a hole saw like a Hilti. I bought/sold one recently and was very impressed with its workmanship.