DeWalt 36V drill/driver

(crossposted)

Anybody have one of those monsters?

I just ordered a bare tool only (DC900/DC900KL) without batteries or a charger for $85 (US). I have three spare 12V 3.5AH batteries to power it (for a motorized project, it won't be used for drilling).

I'm wondering why people are selling them cheap. Maybe they're too big and heavy? Not powerful enough? Too many returns? There are several new units on eBay for about $100 each. The batteries are expensive but apparently they are lithium ion and that is the reason.

Reply to
John Doe

??!! Have I been sleeping under a rock? I've not seen this voltage. I use a

24 volt sawsall constantly in cold weather (pruning apple trees - three man crew for one unit) Is a sawsall made in 36 volt?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:38:32 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

Evidently, and they're the same weight as the 24 volters.

see a future in apples for them. ;)

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes there is! They claim twice the power or three times the life, with no degradation on the shelf and good for 2000 charges. I bought a set about 10 days ago. The only tool I have actually used was the reciprocating saw. It seemed as powerful as plug in, and while I thought I used it a lot, the charger said it was only down a third. If you want to get into it slowly, I have the case on ebay now.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Dave

Reply to
DLB

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:52:03 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, DLB quickly quoth:

has 'em for $327 with free shipping.

  • Michelangelo would have made ** Website Programming
  • better time with a roller. **
Larry Jaques

I got to get me one of them.

DANG IT, Tom Gardner. You talked me into having all six of my 24 volt cells rebuilt by the battery folks you know. I sent them out at the end of the season so they would all be new for the upcoming year.

I guess I'll be putting a 24 volt sawsall and six new batteries on eBay.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Why sawzall when this Corona baby has a 3" capacity, anything larger I'll take a chainsaw to it. Using sawzalls to prune and even fell trees before, I say its not the right tool for this kind of operation - too much vibration, too slow and use too many blades - a massaciatic delight. Those 36V jobs I see comes with only one battery and won't last all day, battery craps out anywhere within 2 to 5 years and expensive to replace assuming if its still able to get battery replacements five or ten years from now. No thank, I'll take a corded super duty Milwaukee or Hilti anytime as it should outlast me - buy once and forget about it.

Reply to
** Frank **

It seems like manufacturers are going to continually raise voltage for portable tools until they get it up to 110 volts. (DC of course) Then we'll be right back where we started from . . . . 100 years ago. No make that 110 years ago!

Robert Swinney

Reply to
kfvorwerk

We use Corona loppers and hand pruners for over 30 years and its very high quality. Wife, the gardener, won't buy anything else.

Reply to
** Frank **

The 36v Delta saw is much lighter than a corded saw and a generator.

Reply to
Toller

Buying a case would be getting into it very very slowly.

:o/

Reply to
John Doe