HF MiniMag AA Light Repair

Pics and text in the Dropbox

Pics show how to restore the on/off function on HF AA MiniMag light.

The On/Off button ratcheting mechanism in these lights will wear out after some use. This mechanism is not repairable. When it fails, the light stays on constantly and cannot be turned off with the button. I restored mine by making a sliding sleeve from 28GA steel sheet, rolling around the barrel with 1/8" overlap, and super gluing the joint. Now, to turn on, I just slide the sleeve back so the button pops out. To turn off, slide the sleeve back over the button. Works good. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

JR North