HF MiniMag AA Light Repair

Pics and text in the Dropbox
Pics show how to restore the on/off
function on HF AA MiniMag light.

The On/Off button ratcheting mechanism
in these lights will wear out after some use.
This mechanism is not repairable. When it
fails, the light stays on constantly and cannot
be turned off with the button. I restored mine by
making a sliding sleeve from 28GA steel sheet,
rolling around the barrel with 1/8" overlap, and super gluing
the joint. Now, to turn on, I just slide the sleeve
back so the button pops out. To turn off, slide the
sleeve back over the button. Works good.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Reply to
JR North