CNC Flexing cable guides?

I have seen on some CNC routers a cable guide that is a rectangular assemblage of hinged segments that resemble tank treads. It reduces tight flexing while keeping the control cables out of the way. What do you call them and where do I get some?

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Cable carrier.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

axolotl wrote in news:428023d6$1_2@127.0.0.1:

Yup. I like this co.

D Murphy

It is commonly known as flexible cable track or flexible wire duct. Some links are below.

HTH

Reply to
Larry Green

Like I always say, if it aint in Mcmaster, you don't need it pp 1358 cat111

Reply to
yourname

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in news:EeVfe.2837$sy6.2667@lakeread04:

They are technically called 'Energy Chains'

Reply to
Anthony

rather...

Anyone else find that name pretty smart?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

"Robin S." wrote in news:guyge.33635$B82.957919 @news20.bellglobal.com:

Thanks Robin, my bad on the spelling. They make some excellent robotics energy chains, full 6 axis freedom of movement.

Reply to
Anthony

If my memory is acccurate, these things are also known as "hose reels", maybe in larger sizes than you are looking for though. Used for hydraulic lines on machinery. I think there is a mfg called "Gleason Reel". HTH, Eric

Reply to
curly