Colchester Student 1800 remove front panel gear levers

One of the gear selector levers on the front panel of my Colchester Student 1800 lathe no longer clicks into position, but just rotates fairly freely.
Is it a straightforward job to remove the front panel levers and the dru ms that control the 4 gear selector levers inside the headstock? I'm imag ining the trick is going to be how to get those levers back into their corr ect positions when I try to reassemble it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.