Color change of titanium racks after anodizing

We are using Vulcanium titanium racks for chromic acid anodizing and phosphoric acid anodizing of aluminum alloys.

When we receive new racks, we observed the original color of titanium racks would change to blue or purple after the first run Somehow the color would disappear after second or third run.

Why did this happen? Shold I try a new supplier. In eBay, I found a supplier for titanium racks

Their cost is a fraction of that of Vulcanium.

Reply to
admin

racks

Seems like you are anodizing the titanium. The color change is the result of the anodizing on the rack.

Reply to
Torrey Hills

racks

Does the color show up in or outside of the solution? Titanium has not been observed to change color unless it is immersed in the right electrolyte. The blue color is a thin film of Ti oxide, just like Aluminum oxide.

Changing the rack supplier won't help in your case. I visited this eBay listing too and even checked out their website

Very low cost racks, not sure about the quality. Guess I should give them a try.

Reply to
anodizer

Am I missing something in the headers in the three posts in this thread prior to my own? Looks funny to me..

John

Reply to
JohnM