Compressive strength 3/4" black steel (gas pipe)

Wanting legs for a winch base to pull concrete post bases from soil i have seen a polish fellow make one, he was using square steel tube about 1-1/4" tube about,

thanks to trump and covid none is locally available, i pulled some 3/4 inch gas line from my house was wondering if i could use this instead of square tube max stress according to the winch would be 1200 lbs i suspect it to be about 500 to 700 lbs

Reply to
Simon Lang

Wanting legs for a winch base to pull concrete post bases from soil i have seen a polish fellow make one, he was using square steel tube about 1-1/4" tube about,

thanks to trump and covid none is locally available, i pulled some 3/4 inch gas line from my house was wondering if i could use this instead of square tube max stress according to the winch would be 1200 lbs i suspect it to be about 500 to 700 lbs

Reply to
Jim Wilkins