Crappy tools

Totally agree with Gunner. After trying several hammer drills for drilling holes in concrete, the Hilti far outshown all the others that I tried. It is a trade-off of how many cuss words and time are worth how much money.

Stu

Reply to
Stu Fields

My brother watched ebay and got a deal on his Hilti. Now if the seller actually owned it might be in question but my brother had no way to know.

Wes

Wes

I've used my neighbour's Hilti and the rental-shop's Hitachi. The Hitachi was a bit heavier so was better when using it as a jack-hammer. With a core-drill I did like the Hilti- but both are SERIOUS hammer drills compared to the wimpy half inch drive Black and Decker or Porter Cable Wannabees.

Reply to
clare

As has been mentioned, Hilti is an excellent tool. Primarily because it is a "rotary hammer", not a "hammer drill". There is a fundamental difference in how they work, but I can't remember what it is . For the occasional concrete drilling that I do, a Hilti would be over kill. However I have a Bosch _rotary hammer_ that I am very pleased with.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt