Deforming a stainless steel pot

Hiya, can someone tell me the best way to deform a plain stainless steel pot to make it non cylindrical, but still straight-sided? I possess, in fact, a smokers ashtray pot, a straight sided cynlinder about 6 inches tall, and 5 inches in diameter. I want transform this into make a guitar side bending iron that has a large radius and a small radius in terms of the curves on the sides. However I do not want to cut the bottom end off to 'squash' it since I need end to keep the heat in and heat the thing up.

I have read that you can fill an object with sand then squash it somewhat and it may work? Anyone ever try this?

thanks

Ray

Reply to
r.archee

South American construction workers make their own hard hats by beating kitchen pots into shape. Might take a while. Supposed to be a demonstration of their skill. Might be a long gone custom now that labor is just another commodity.

Reply to
bamboo