what is this thing

anyone got an idea what this thing is?
formatting link
this thing laying around the shop a couple of years now, thought I'd
have a use for it by now..
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
My guess :
Take a cable or rope. Put a knot on the end. (buckle for the cable.) Pass the cable through the slot with the knot in the 'center' section - tight up the slotted straight. Then using the arm as a crank and holding the other straight - rotate as a brace with a bit in it.
? That is what popped into my mind. Likely something like that - or maybe it is a sprinkler key -
slide the slot over a handle (single sided) and the center of the pipe over the shaft. Rotate as a brace - turn on or off the 'water'.....
Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot
Submit it to the guy who runs
formatting link
- once a week, on news:rec.puzzles, he puts up some new unknown stuff, and usually crossposts, but I don't know if he usually includes r.c.m in the crosspost. The subject line is always "What Is It "
Somebody, somewhere on the planet, might know what it is!
Good Luck! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.