Degassing Casting metal - Web Update

Thank-you to all for the ideas posted and messages on improving the
quality of Alum Castings. (last week or the week before...)
The area I focused on was trying a Chlorine Degassing process as
outlined by Tim W.
Below are the links to Part #1 & 2 of how it's coming along.

Frank

Frank
Looks like you are cooking now!
Good job. Martin
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
I had problems in my aluminium castings, was referred to 'nitrogen pellets' - you stir them in with a steel 'swizzle stick' thingie. I was told that the bubbles are hydrogen.
Frank wrote:
Reply to
Roadwarrior1969
That is what they are - Nitrogen pellets ?
I have used pool tablets - the thumb size for small pools the chlorine steals the hydrogen makes HCL (gas) and the calcium turns out as scum. Something like that.
Martin
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn