Degassing Casting metal - Web Update

Thank-you to all for the ideas posted and messages on improving the quality of Alum Castings. (last week or the week before...)

The area I focused on was trying a Chlorine Degassing process as outlined by Tim W.

Below are the links to Part #1 & 2 of how it's coming along.

Frank

Frank

Looks like you are cooking now!

Good job. Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Roadwarrior1969

That is what they are - Nitrogen pellets ?

I have used pool tablets - the thumb size for small pools the chlorine steals the hydrogen makes HCL (gas) and the calcium turns out as scum. Something like that.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn