Device name?


A while back I saw a strange device that looked like two leaf springs you strapped onto your feet and were able to run with giant strides.I can't remember the correct name to google them. Anybody know of these devices? I seem to remember seeing them in a movie also. Kinda looked like something from the future sci-fi.


Reply to
Bill Kehm
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Bill Kehm said the following on 2/3/2006 1:25 PM:

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

OK, now someone please remind me of what those sprng shoes I had as a kid in the 1950's were called.

They had two coil springs between their bottoms and a soleplate which kissed the pavement.


Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

[ ... ]

I particularly like the following comment from the auction text:

"the springs I think is cast iron"

The guess that the adjustable back was aluminum also does not sound too believable. I would expect zinc or cad plated steel there, given the stresses to which it is exposed. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thanx, but I wuz trying to remember th tradse name, and apparantly either that pair on ebay doesen't have one marked on them or the seller didn't think it was worth mentioning.

My memory keeps telling me to say "Kangaroo Shoes", but I have my doubts.


Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.