Gear making device

I have just recently joined this group which I found during searches for information on 6 - 8 inch Shaper machines. My search was for any information
on Shaper machines in general and since I found this group I thought someone may direct me to more information on general setup and tooling. One particular item I am very interested in is a device for gear making. I have a plan for it which was created back in 1950 and although is still probably capable I thought there could be an improvement on the devices design since. The article is referred to at http://antiquemachinery.com/photo_gallery%20Sloan%20and%20Chance%20and%20related.htm with the title SHAPER-CUT, halfway down the page.
My question is, is there an improved design or similar device?
The device allows 1 single formed tool to cut accurate gears of any size from 12tooth - rack.
Regards Mal (aussie )
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:04:46 +1100, "Malcolm Watts"

If you have the 1950 and the 1989 article then you have about all that has been written about them. This cropped up about 3 or 4 years ago and a couple of guys in the US did modify their shapers to cut gears with good results but it is a slow method.
The next stage is to motorise the whole issue with stepper feeds on a dividing head and on the bed feed to get CNC to roll the blank past the cutter -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:04:46 +1100, "Malcolm Watts"

Malcolm, Can't get an email thru to you, it comes back blocked. Anyway here's the article http://tinyurl.com/ex8qy -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.