Difference between Aluminum 6061 and Aluminum 12

I am working on a project. The engineering drawing called for Aluminum 6061 but the factory told me that they only had Aluminum 12. Could someone help me on this?

What's the differences between Aluminum 6061 and Aluminum 12?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
frankgic

Google is your friend. This might get you started.

Paul

Reply to
RoyJ

Yeah, my Hadco catalog has nary a "12" in it -- except that most bars come in 12 foot lengths. That's the only 12 I see.

And, Google is not your friend this time. Altho if you use quotes around aluminum 12, this thread shows up on p. 2! That was a fast retrieval by google!

Reply to
DrollTroll

Maybe you mean ZA-12 (zinc-aluminum) alloy? :

aluminum alloy 6061:

Denis G.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 06:13:23 -0700 (PDT) in rec.crafts.metalworking, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote,

Get that factory to tell you what "Aluminum 12" is. It's their stuff, they should know. Where does it come from?

Reply to
David Harmon