digital caliper battery alert

Dollar Tree has a clip-on book-light that comes with three 44R button batteries. Doesn't get less expensive than that.

Which are $3.50 each, even on eBay from China. I recently invested in large sheets of all the little batteries my various electronics use. Luckily, it wasn't very expensive. Many vendors have sheets of 100 for about triple the price of a pack of 2 here in the US. Battery life doesn't seem to be much different, either, from my past 6 years' experience. eBay just sent me a Happy Anniversary email for 15 years of buying. In that time, I've made 734 buys, a few dozen sells, and I'm still saving. There have been fewer problems with these buys than with local ones. Just last month I was turned down for a warranty problem with a Cyber Power UPS backup system which was only 1-1/2 years old. When I had a problem with an eBay buy, the vendor just wrote it off and refunded my money.
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they
Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently had UPS lose one of two 'Square D MH38 NEMA 1 Enclosure' I bought on Ebay. After waiting 30 days for them to 'release it' from they Jacksonville center, the vendor replaced it. It wasn't a bad deal. $16.86 each for a 38"H * 20"W 5-3/4"D steel electrical box, with no cover. I was going to use them for a custom control project, but I am considering a smaller box, and to use these for workbench legs. :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321486211621
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 18:43:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Hey, why not? But aren't those a bit tall for ya? Or do you stand to work?

Zoro has quite a few tools for low prices. I got their catalog a couple months ago (after buying something cheap with free shipping) and combined orders to get the free shipping on the rest. It worked out well.
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they
Larry Jaques wrote:

They should be OK with a bench stool. I have a couple old Lyon steel stools I bought used in the '70s. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

I'd put on feet and shelves on each. Martin
Martin Eastburn wrote:

I was thinking about building some regulated, remote monitored bench power supplies in one, and putting a computer in the other to control the equipment with IEEE-488 interfaces.
One of these would make a nice cabinet for updated controls on older machines. They also come in 26" and 32" heights.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:37:17 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

Not yet. I found some small quantities of brand-name batts first (Panasonic, Sony, Fuji) but the only long-term data I have are with Matsusho 2032, Tian Qui 2016, and WF CR123 batts. I haven't done any detailed destructive tests, instead offer only (WTH is that word on the tip of my mind's tongue?) 'regular usage' data. "They seem to last as long as name brands."
--
On Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:50:23 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

> experience. eBay just sent me a Happy Anniversary email for 15 years

My, that's quite awhile, Larry.

Well Larry if you don't mind, I have some more "shit" to say like a few weeks ago. I hope you never bought anything ther small enough to have been dropped in the toilet, but miraculously came out still working.
(and somehow didn't smell like urine or worse)