lincoln ranger 8 troubleshooting

I have a Ranger 8 that has been sitting in enclosed building for several months. it was working fine when I took it off old truck for storage. Well board went out in one I was using and had to put this one on truck and it only wants to put out small amount of voltage now. could brushes be dirty from moisture from just sitting. Everything else shows circuits are good and no burnt wires with meter.With grinder plugged in it turns real slowly and with light plugged in it is very dim. Machine idles up and down as usual but no full power. All help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dirtmover

Did you try to start it from a dead battery with a battery charger/car jumper?

Reply to
Ignoramus30864

Yes I think they did before I got back to shop because I went after new battery and oil and filter to service unit before I started using it again.

Reply to
Dirtmover

I once had a Trailblazer with symptoms similar to yours. It was caused by excess voltage when trying to jump a dead battery.

Ignoramus30864

What did you do to correct problem ?

Reply to
Dirtmover