does anyone know what 9135 steel is compared to

I'm a machinist at a small mom & pop tool shop and I make parts for different company's, right now I am making some parts for Chrysler and on their prints they call for the material to be "9135", I have been in the Tool & Die trade for

20+yrs and have never heard of this type of material. Can anyone please tell me what this type of steel is or compared to.
Reply to
Lawrence R. Bauman

It sounds like one of the SAE HSLA grades, or an AISI maraging grade. They both use the 9xxx series, but I don't recognize 9135.

Is this sheet, plate, barstock or what?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Lawrence R. Bauman"

Just for kicks I was doing a web search for this alloy and came across this on onlinemetals site: heh heh .... ;>)}

At OnlineMetals, we all failed shop class. Multiple times. As a matter of fact, our employment applications specifically ask to see people's grades for their high school shop classes. If they're too high, they go into the rejected pile. We're also not engineers, and cannot make any specific recommendations about the suitability of a given alloy, temper, or shape for your project or application.

All technical data is for comparison purposes only and is NOT FOR DESIGN. It has been compiled from sources we believe to be accurate but cannot guarantee. This ends the part of the website that our pointy-headed lawyers made us put in.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Ha-ha! I should save that.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Perhaps it's a proprietary Chrysler alloy or internal number. What does DaimlerChrysler (Daimler AG) say?

Reply to
Larry Jaques