DOes this ELektromotoren Getriebe support reverse operation

I am looking at this to see if I can run my mill's spindle with it.

It is a 1 phase VFD. What I do not understand is, does it support reversing of the motor (reverse).

My German is not as good unfortunately.

Ignoramus9619

Dunno, but I expect you can find a better unit. Don't use anything in your rebuild that you do not have complete documentation on.

Reply to
Pete C.

Iggy, This is too light. You need a unit that can handle at least 5 KVA for safety. This unit will support reverse of course, but it will not reverse by itself. Reverse is achieved by swapping any 2 phases of the output. You would feed the output of this to a motor switch. However you may find that the whole machine requires 3 phase power, not just the motor. Speed control is achieved by changing the frequency applied to the motor, but you may have an issue with the rest of the electrics not being compatible to variable frequency. You may wish to find a 5 KVA solid state, fixed frequency inverter that can be fed by a single phase source. It will be simpler and you would have the ability to use the output for other 3 phase equipment, of course, not at the same time. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Generally, 3-phase motor reverssing is accomplished at the spindle motor 's "on-off-reverse" switch; not at the VFD device.

It is a 1 phase VFD. What I do not understand is, does it support reversing of the motor (reverse).

My German is not as good unfortunately.

Robert Swinney

Steve, the motor is 2 HP, with 3 HP 30 minute rating, and this is a 3 HP drive.

Well, this is a single phase inverter.

If I cannot reverse it by changing command input, I think that I will look elsewhere.

Ignoramus9619

Where is the German to translate?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

"on-off-reverse" switch;

But if you swap the VFDs output wiring..bad things will happen sooner or later.

One simply connects the on/off/reverse switch to the VFDs control wiring, NOT the output to the motor wiring.

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"on-off-reverse" switch;

Oh..and Id not install anything less than a 5hp VFD in this application.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"on-off-reverse" switch;

Do you mean, 5 HP three phase rated VFD?

Ignoramus9619

I have come to agree with you Pete C. There is too much at stake and trying to save 50 bucks and risk this system is just plain dumb.

I bought this item

It does have electric braking.

I definitely want this mill to run from single phase.

Ignoramus9619