dowel pin with threads on the side ?

I am looking for a small brass or stainless rod, approx 1/16" diameter x 1/4" length, which has a threaded hole on the side, so that I can screw on another rod perpendicular to it. This sounds like regular hardware, right ? What is it called and where do I find it ? Thanks.

Reply to
Bo-Ming Tong

Never heard of such a thing. The closest thing I can think of would be a hinged standoff:

Jim Stewart

I looked through my assortment of dowelpins, I don't have anything that small. By the way, on internally threaded dowel pins, the threaded part is for screwing in a slide hammer for easier removal.

Reply to
Rastus

Sound like something a clock parts supplier would be adept at making.

1/16 diameter means the threaded hole will have to be smaller than an 0-80. Likely something like a 0.8 UNM (Unified Miniature Thread) with 127 TPI would be required.

Shouldn't be much of a job for someone with the right small size tooling, but I wouldn't want to tackle it in my home shop.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I'd suggest light table and such support rods - but 1/16" diameter is very thin and 1/4" length is very short. I suspect it is custom.

You don't mention the drill hole in the side - but drill rod would be a source - and then drill, tap and cut to length.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Bo-M> I am looking for a small brass or stainless rod, approx 1/16" diameter

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

--Sounds like you're making a shock-proof killswitch for a battlebot. Heh.

Reply to
steamer