Drillin holes Intos Hard Metal

O.K.s, I gotta a new Job, er,um-"Hobby", busting intos, er,um- "exploring" a vault, er,um- "Mysterty Boxe" lined up.

My inside sources, er,um- "fellow hobyists" tells me dat the vault, I means da "Mystery Box", is composed of a metal wit a hardness of "57" on da "15N" hardness scale. I'm also told dat to crack, er,um- "open" da Mystery Box I'll need to drill a 1/2" hole intos it.

My question is what kinda drillsbit am I gonna need tos get trew dis stuff and is a battery powered drill gonna have da moxie to makes da hole wit?

Tanks,

H.

p.s. Yous neva read dis message, Right?

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

You didn't learn this from me...

Drill one hole in the bottom - they are sometimes not hardened because *WHO* would ever think of turning a vault or large safe upside down!

Drop in one good sized explosive charge with a length of waterproof fuse. A few feet of explosive cord works well, but you need an electrical source to ignite it and a license to buy it.

Duct tape all seams as needed so the water can stay in the item.

Fill with water.

Light fuse.

Move away.

Pray.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Tanks Joe, buts unfourtuneeightlee according to mys er,um- fellow hobbeists I gotta drills da hole inna very specific location in da door :(

An I can't turn da, ah- "Mystery Box" upsides down on accounta its firmly attackched to, ah, some kinds, ah, concrete stucture :(:(

So, does anybody can helps me out wit do drill bit & drill???

Tanks agin,

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

You need carbide drill bits and a magnetic base drill. Piece of cake.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

*Pssst*

As a guy once told me- "your super-hard *anything* don't mean shit to my die grinder. [sic]" As far as I've ever been able to tell, he was entirely correct.

Don't know of any battery-powered die grinders, but an angle grinder with a cord and box of abrasives will remove just about any kind of metal.

Assuming, of course, that you've got a good reason to be opening your

*ahem* "mystery box" and noise isn't a factor.
Reply to
Prometheus